Aug 25 – Aug 31, 2007
- Danny Massey added this week to his great, ongoing multi-media series about a badly injured soldier’s return to New Jersey. Check it out on the Star-Legder of Newark’s website.
- Georgia Kral stirred things up this summer in New Haven, where her strong local stories for the Independent drew many responses from readers — none more so than this piece about a local politician’s racially tinged clash with cops.
- Andy Greiner tells the story of a race car driver (PDF) fighting his way back from massive injuries. Is he brave or crazy? (The driver, not Andy.)
- Jose Moreno did it all in Spain — reporting, writing, taking pictures, writing captions and headlines, and laying out pages for Sur in English. Check out this story (PDF) about a Senagalese woman who is helping fellow immigrants in Malaga.
- Ben Levisohn describes his past life as a daytrader in this first-person piece for BusinessWeek.
- Tim Catts also was busy for BusinessWeek – breaking a big story on MSNC’s badly flawed stock-picking contest. Here’s my favorite of the series, with a headline that (almost) says it all: “The Million-Dollar Waitress.”
- Claudia Cruz chronicled the summer cross-country adventures (PDF) of a Washington-Heights scouting troop for the Manhattan Times.
Tags: Andy Greiner, Ben Levisohn, Claudia Cruz, Danny Massey, Georgia Kral, Jose Moreno, Tim Catts