A. Personal Reimbursement
- Reimbursement for purchases not exceeding $200
In cases where an emergency purchase of supplies is necessary, we may be able to reimburse your out-of-pocket expenses using the Business Office’s Petty Cash fund. You must show that the purchase was necessary and beneficial to the institution. Any item exceeding $200 should be requested through the Office of Budget & Finance. Please fill out a Personal Reimbursement Form when making a request.
- Reimbursement for local travel expenses
Local travel can be reimbursed to you from the Business Office’s Petty Cash fund for the amount of $10 per day. Please fill out a Personal Reimbursement Form when making a request.
- Expenses must be submitted during the Fiscal Year in which they occur. Expenses submitted in a Fiscal Year other than the one they occurred in, will not be reimbursed.
Restrictions on reimbursement
- The purchase of alcoholic beverages will not be reimbursed.
- Any event referred to as a “reception” will not be reimbursed.
- Tax charges will not be reimbursed.
B. Purchases of Goods and Services
If you are contemplating a purchase of goods or services over $200, please provide the following:
- Purchase Requisition
- W-9 Form from your vendor
- Quote or Invoice
- For purchases over $2500, a purchase order must be issued before any services are rendered or goods accepted. Please be sure to submit two additional quotes from other vendors along with the quote from your preferred vendor.
If you are seeking payment for services rendered by an individual, please have the individual fill out the following forms:
- NYS Standard Voucher
- Service Claim Form (GD-5)
- Determination of Residency Status for Tax Purposes Form
- If travel expenses apply, submit a GD-11 Expense Sheet
C. Meal Expenditures
Please adhere to the following NYS meal allowance rates:
- $5 per person for breakfast
- $12 per person for lunch/dinner
These rates include tips and other incidentals
After the meeting or event, be sure to submit the following documents to the Office of Budget & Finance:
- Original receipts
- List of attendees
- Brochure, e-mail, or other explanation for the purpose of the meeting/event
The City University of New York is a tax-exempt entity and is thus exempt from paying taxes on any food or drinks purchased for a meeting. Please show a tax-exempt certificate when placing an order.