Thanksgiving Travel, Parking Tickets and The Boss
Hope everybody had a great holiday. Here are some of the latest examples of our reporters’ fine work:
- Christopher Schuetze got into the holiday spirit for The Local with this piece about a store window decoration competition. Joe Walker, meanwhile, wrote about the unclear plans for retail space in an under-construction building. Damiano Beltrami covered a big drug bust.
- Speaking of The Times, Kristen Joy Watts scored the lead photo in a holiday-exodus slideshow.
- Alana Casanova-Burgess earned a Daily News clip with her piece about a row of Harlem buildings slated for a green overhaul. Kate Nocera wrote a first-person piece about testing how fast traffic agents are on the draw. Maria Clark shared the byline on a story about a double-murder in Queens. Rima Abdelakader and Mary Stachyra wrote about the scourge of sex trafficking, interviewing a woman once forced to work in a Queens brothel. Joel Schectman contributed to the paper’s Black Friday coverage.
- Shane Dixon Cavenaugh wrote a piece for the Westside Independent about the crackdown on pedicabs.
- Tim Persinko covered a fraud case sentencing in Manhattan Federal Court for Arkansas Business.
- Sergey Kadinsky’s story about recycling woes in Mott Haven made the Mott Haven Herald. Carla Candia, meanwhile, wrote about the day laborers who congregate on E. 141st St. and Jackson Ave.
- Karina Ioffee, Sophie Tewa and Nicholas Martinez’s video piece about the hassle of getting rid of e-waste found a home on the News Service, and packages nicely with Karina’s previously published Daily News article.
- Jessica Simeone’s story about an art peddler bounced from the High Line made the New York Post.
- Michael Preston writes about The Boss and David Brooks in his latest post for True/Slant.
Congrats to all – and keep ‘em coming!
Tags: Alana Casanova-Burgess, Carla Candia, Christopoher Schuetze, Damiano Beltrami, Jessica Simeone, Joe Walker, Joel Schectman, Karina Ioffee, Kate Nocera, Kristen Joy Watts, Maria Clark, Mary Stachyra, Michael Preston, Nicholas Martinez, Rima Abdelkader, Sergey Kadinksy, Shane Dixon Cavenaugh, Sophie Tewa, Tim Persinko