A. Purchasing Request
- All purchases require the completion of a Purchasing Request form. Emailed and verbal purchasing request will no longer be accepted. All forms are subject to review to determine whether the purchase follows State purchasing guidelines. No purchases will be approved without departmental approval and sufficient budget.
- Request should be accompanied by two or more quotes, or if applicable links to comparable items. A justification letter is required for sole source vendors. The justification letter should state why you are requesting to purchase the goods or services from a particular vendor.
- When using a vendor that is not registered with New York State a Vendor Registration form is required. Completed vendor forms should be returned to the Vendor Records Management Unit for processing. The contact information for the VMU is on the bottom of the form.
- Purchasing guidelines can be found here.
B. Honoraria guidelines
If you are seeking payment for services rendered by an individual, the following documents are needed:
- Service Claim Form (GD-5)
- A detailed and signed invoice
- A resume or CV
- If travel expenses apply, submit a GD-11 Expense Sheet
C. Catering and Meal Expenditures
CUNY’s Office of University Controller has issued new meal guidelines as of April 1, 2015. The guidelines can be located here. Below are some rules to follow:
- Catering request can be made here
- Meals will only be served for business meetings or events with a duration of 2 hours or more.
- Agendas and attendee lists are required for all events for which food has been provided. Agendas should include the business purpose, time, and duration of the meeting. A printed attendee list should be signed by each attendee. If that is not possible an attendee list which has been signed off on by the meeting organizer will suffice.
- Receipts, agendas and attendee lists must be submitted to the Business Office within two days of the meeting or event. Failure to submit the required documents within a timely manner will result in denial of future catering request.
- Catering request and/or revisions to menus should be made at least 24 hours ahead of time.
- Meal rates are: $8 per person for light refreshments, and $15 per person for modest meals. All rates are inclusive of tips, delivery charges and incidentals.
- Unallowable cost include social events (e.g, office parties, birthdays, retirements, end of semester parties, and student De-stressor).
The City University of New York is a tax-exempt entity and is thus exempt from paying taxes on any food or drinks purchased for a meeting. Please show a tax-exempt certificate when placing an order.