The skills that make a good journalist are the same ones that will help you find an internship or job. Doing your research. Asking questions. Being persistent. Never giving up.
The Office of Career Services is here to help in a variety of ways:
- Individual Career Advising — Beginning with early one-on-one counseling to develop a personalized job search strategy based on your individual interests, experience and goals. Schedule an Appointment
- Resume and Cover Letter Critiques — Tips on writing effective resumes and cover letters.
- Interview and Salary Negotiation Tips
- Preparing Your Portfolio — Professional websites, clips and reels.
- Networking and Job Search Tips
- Career Information Sessions with working journalists from leading media organizations.
- Workshops on resume and cover letter writing.
- Practice Interviews with editors and hiring managers
- On-Campus Recruiting — The Office of Career Services coordinates employer interviews with students for internships and jobs.
- Community and Ethnic Media Meetup — Our annual speed-dating style session where students get to make their pitch to local editors.
- 2016 Career Fair — Save the date: Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016.
- Internship and Job Listings — Check out a few of our recent internships. Here is a sampling of where our alumni are working. To search for openings, upload resumes, set alerts for when new postings are listed and a whole lot more, log in to CUNY J-School Jobs.
- Journalism Job Sites and Organizations
- Community Publications That Take Freelance — A listing of local media to get your first clips.