- Adobe Creative Cloud Login Tutorial
- Anti-Virus Installation
- AV Support Contact Info
- CUNY IT Resources for Working Remotely
- CUNY CTLs Council Support for Instructional Continuity
- CIS Guidelines for Working Remotely
- Checking Voicemail from Home
- Creating an e-ignature Using Preview on your Mac
- FAQ for Google Hangouts Meet
- Fillable Timesheets
- Finance Processes While Working Remotely
- Forwarding Your Office Phone
- Google Calendar App Tutorial
- How to Add an Encrypted Time Machine Backup
- How to Record Skype or Zoom and Keep Voices on Separate Channels
- How to Setup Pro Tools to play audio over a Zoom meeting
- Lesson Plan Outline for an Online Class Session
- Linked In Learning Tutorial
- Phishing and being smart online
- Pro Tools Video Tutorial: How to Create and Use Fades
- Pro Tools Video Tutorial: Sound On One Side? Here’s How to Fix It
- Tips & Tricks: Teachers Educating on Zoom
- Teaching Tips for Transitioning to Online
- Teaching with Zoom
- Using Google Hangouts Meet
- Video training on Google Hangouts Meet (LinkedIN Learning)
- Virtual Access to Research Center Resources
- VPN Access
Our COVID-19 web page provides updates by the Newmark J-School and CUNY on the ongoing coronavirus risk. It is also a repository for information on providing instructional and business continuity through remote and online methods. The page will be updated as new developments occur and additional resources are identified. For the latest on CUNY’s coronavirus response, click here.
Faculty office hours, spring 2020, as of april 2
FROM DEAN SARAH BARTLETT, MARCH 20, 4:35 P.M.
Thanks to all of you for demonstrating patience with our ever-changing policies regarding access to the school campus. Our goal has been to maintain access for those who have requested it, while trying to limit the number of staff who have to come to school, as they risk exposure during their commute.
As the number of people needing to come to the school has dropped to near zero, we’re now going to adopt a new approach: access by appointment only. If you need to come to the campus, please send an email to our director of public safety, John Scully: firstname.lastname@example.org.
John will cluster these requests so that our public safety officers and custodians can further reduce the number of days and hours they need to be on campus. We will make sure that the area you need access to is sanitized before and after your visit.
I greatly appreciate your flexibility in these difficult times, and I hope that you’re all doing your best to stay healthy and safe.
Facility Hours of Operation* (As of MARCH 20)
|Monday – Friday (3rd floor only)||By appointment only|
*In light of the coronavirus threat and our interest in keeping the J-School community safe, we have reduced access to our campus hours for the foreseeable future. Access to the 3rd floor is by appointment only by sending an email to Public Safety Director John Scully, email@example.com.
FROM ASSOCIATE DEAN ANDREW MENDELSON AS OF MARCH 16 AT 10:07 P.M.
The school faculty met today (March 16) to revise policies about reporting, effective immediately.
In order to safeguard our students and the public at this uncertain time, the Newmark J-School faculty will only support reporting that is done remotely, on a phone or computer. Going forward, work done outside, in public, will not be graded or considered. Faculty and students are encouraged to find innovative ways to report remotely using a variety of tools to connect with members of the communities they are covering. Additionally, faculty and students should find ways to incorporate verified citizen-produced audio, video and photographs into their work. We remind our students that their should put the safety of our sources on equal footing with ours.