Documents required prior to registration
Newly admitted students must submit the following documents prior to registration:
- Immunization Records (see the list of requirements)
- Official Transcripts from ALL previous institutions of higher education
- International Students MUST schedule a meeting with the Office of International Students to complete necessary immigration process
If any of these items are missing your Banner account will reflect a ‘hold’ and you will be unable to register for courses.
Before registration opens
There are elective and concentration info sessions offered prior to registration to learn more about each of these areas. Check the school calendar for dates
Each student must meet with their academic advisor prior to registration in order to discuss course selections for the coming semester.
Each student will complete the Course Selection Worksheet and meet with Student Affairs for final review and to receive your pin number.
Before registration opens be sure to check your Banner account to ensure all holds are cleared and you can navigate the system.
To register for classes you need
- Your 9-digit banner ID
- Banner Password
- Advisement Pin
- Cleared of all registration holds
*** You have already visited the Banner system to check financial information, or pay a bill, and/or register for a previous semester and were required to input a password of your choice.
*** If you don’t remember your password, try clicking on the Forgot Pin button. You will be prompted to answer security questions. If this does not work, you will need to have your pin reset. Please email REGISTRAR@GC.CUNY.EDU from your journalism account. In the email, give your Banner ID, along with your name and request that your password to Banner be re-set to the default one, which is your six-digit birthday.
- Under Login to Secure Area, click Banner Login For
- Type in your Banner ID
- Type in your Banner Pin
- Click on Student, Financial Aid, & Bill Payments
- Click on Registration
- Click on Register or Add and Drop Courses to an Existing Registration
- Select the term: Fall or Spring (year)
- Click on Register or Add and Drop Classes to an Existing Registration
- Enter the Course Reference Numbers (CRN’s) into the boxes. The CRN’s for your classes are listed on your class schedule.
- Click Submit Changes
*** Any registration errors will appear below your current schedule ***
- Once you click Submit Changes, you will know your registration is complete, and those classes were added, if you see your bill pop up on the screen.
- If you have loans and scholarship to cover your ENTIRE tuition for this semester, those will take effect once the loans and scholarships are disbursed.
Telephone: (212) 817-7500
Fax: (212) 817-1627