Transcripts consist of a student’s graduate academic history at the Newmark J-School. Unofficial transcripts are available at no cost through CUNYfirst Student Self-Service. Students who need an official transcript for themselves – or for submission to an employer or other educational institution – may order official transcripts. The Newmark J-School provides a service which allows students to request and pay for an official transcript online. Students using this online service are responsible for the $7.00 transcript fee (unless it is going directly to another CUNY campus) plus a convenience service charge. Payment is available by any major credit card or debit card. Upon receipt of requests, transcripts are processed in 2-4 business days.
Official Newmark J-School transcripts can be ordered by this method:
- Ordering is available 24 hours a day
- Complete this form (your signature may be required in certain cases)
- Include your payment via credit or debit card
- There are options to pick up transcripts from our office or have them mailed to the recipients
- Check Your Online Order Status *(Order Number Required)Ordering online (via our third party vendor Credentials Solutions):
PLEASE NOTE: You cannot order transcripts using e-mail, fax, or the phone. Also, for any transcripts that will need to be mailed out via 1st class mail, such transcripts will usually leave our office within 2 to 10 business days from receipt of your order, with delivery time according to USPS standards (so please plan accordingly).
The student assumes all responsibility for the following:
- Reading these SOJ Transcript Office policies and instructions;
- Ensuring that the recipient can and will accept the chosen method of transcript delivery;
- Providing the correct mailing address and/or email address;
- Meeting the recipient’s deadlines for submission of the transcript;
- Ensuring that the recipient opens any electronic transcript within 30 days.
Other important things to note about ordering transcripts:
- Signature (when required) must be received prior to the transcript being processed or released;
- No one may request a student’s transcript without the student’s signature or power of attorney;
- Transcripts may be picked up only by the student or by the person listed on the order form;
- A transcript will not be released if any past due debt is owed or the student has a hold on their CUNYFirst account;
- Transcripts ordered for pickup should be picked up no later than 7 days of printing;
- If you have any other questions, call us at (646) 758-7731 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.