- Professional Ed
J+ helps news organizations, media companies and schools close their skills gaps and promote from within.
- Bring your staff up to speed on basic digital skills
- Adopt digital tools and techniques that connect with audiences
- Specialize in advanced storytelling met
for Small Newsrooms
This international, online, tuition-free program by J+, News Catalyst, and the Google News Initiative trains journalists from small newsrooms in digital transformation through product thinking. Starting in early 2021, the program will serve 75 journalists from the Americas, Europe/Africa/Middle East, and Asia Pacific.
- Better serve your audience’s information needs
- Improve team communication & collaboration
- Find new paths to sustainability for news
- Network with news product leaders from around the globe
Applications are open.
INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM IN THE OPEN
with David Fahrenthold
David Fahrenthold, of the Washington Post, shares the techniques of his trade, career advice and inspiration for the future of investigative journalism on a beat.
with Jennifer Brandel
Jennifer Brandel, of Curious City and Hearken, shares techniques, career advice and inspiration for public-powered journalism.
TV News and Local Politics
with Errol Louis
Errol Louis is one of the preeminent local journalists in America, with an expertise in TV and politics.
CROWDSOURCING AND COMMUNITY
with Terry Parris, Jr.
Terry Parris, Jr., engagement director at The City and former deputy editor for engagement at ProPublica.
THE PUBLIC NEWSROOM
with City Bureau
Bettina Chang and Andrea Faye Hart are two of the four co-founders of City Bureau, a non-profit civic journalism lab based on the South Side of Chicago.
with various instructors
Our faculty shares tips and techniques to help journalists navigate working in isolation in a pandemic.
The Summer Intensives program offers one-week or two-week classes in July at the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism in the heart of New York. Whether you are a seasoned journalist, a journalism teacher or a student, come make journalism with us this summer:
- Expand your skill set
- Discover New York City as a journalist
- Learn from and network with top professionals
- Enhance your resume
- Stay at the cutting edge of technology and innovation
- Make friends from all around the world and boost your confidence
- Save money. These rich, rewarding experiences cost only $1,999 per session, or $2,955 with housing
Do you have a question about J+? If so, please contact us.