- Professional Ed
Workshops & Webinars
PHOTO EDITING WEEK
with James Estrin
Monday, July 20 to Friday, July 24
$850 early bird until July 1
VISUAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA STORYTELLING WEEK
with John Smock
Wednesday, July 29 to Tuesday, August 4
$400 early bird until July 1
AUDIO STORYTELLING AND PODCASTING WEEK
with George Bodarky
Wednesday, August 5 to Tuesday, August 11
$350 early bird until July 1
INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM IN THE OPEN
with David Fahrenthold
David Fahrenthold, of the Washington Post, shares the techniques of his trade, career advice and inspiration for the future of investigative journalism on a beat.
with Jennifer Brandel
Jennifer Brandel, of Curious City and Hearken, shares techniques, career advice and inspiration for public-powered journalism.
TV News and Local Politics
with Errol Louis
Errol Louis is one of the preeminent local journalists in America, with an expertise in TV and politics.
CROWDSOURCING AND COMMUNITY
with Terry Parris, Jr.
Terry Parris, Jr., engagement director at The City and former deputy editor for engagement at ProPublica.
THE PUBLIC NEWSROOM
with City Bureau
Bettina Chang and Andrea Faye Hart are two of the four co-founders of City Bureau, a non-profit civic journalism lab based on the South Side of Chicago.
with various instructors
Our faculty shares tips and techniques to help journalists navigate working in isolation in a pandemic.
The Summer Intensives program offers one-week or two-week classes in July at the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism in the heart of New York. Whether you are a seasoned journalist, a journalism teacher or a student, come make journalism with us this summer:
- Expand your skill set
- Discover New York City as a journalist
- Learn from and network with top professionals
- Enhance your resume
- Stay at the cutting edge of technology and innovation
- Make friends from all around the world and boost your confidence
- Save money. These rich, rewarding experiences cost only $1,999 per session, or $2,955 with housing
J+ helps news organizations, media companies and schools close their skills gaps and promote from within.
- Bring your staff up to speed on basic digital skills
- Adopt digital tools and techniques that connect with audiences
- Specialize in advanced storytelling met