- Reopening Plan
1. What steps do I take if I want to come to campus?
Step 1: Email John Scully, director of public safety, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide him with the following information:
- your reason for visiting the campus
- the date you would like to visit
- the estimated time frame you will arrive and leave the campus
Step 2: Please wait to receive an email from John Scully approving your visit to campus. CUNY wants to have as few people on campus as possible, and the only reason visits will be approved is if those goals cannot be accomplished in any other way and are deemed essential to academic progress.
Step 3: You will then need to complete the New York State COVID- 19 Response: Return to Work training, which consists of a 12-minute safety video through Blackboard. You can find it under the “My Organizations” section. This video only needs to be viewed once and then it will be recorded in Blackboard that you have completed the training. If you have already watched this video, you can skip this step.
Step 4: You will also need to download the Everbridge Health Screening App and complete the health screening questionnaire on the day you are coming to campus, prior to your arrival. After completing the questionnaire, the app will notify you within 1-2 minutes if you have been approved to return to campus or not.
What if I am unable to download the Everbridge app?
Those who need to use the email option will sign up to receive a daily reminder email and questionnaire. The sign-up method varies by whether you have CUNY Login credentials.
- Those with CUNY Login credentials must go to the Everbridge Member Portal (please see the attached User Instructions) and log in with their single sign-on credentials. You will see your profile, Subscriptions section, and a Select School dropdown box. After selecting your school, you can opt into email notifications. The emails will begin the next day and arrive early each morning (Monday through Friday) so you can complete the questionnaire before departing for CUNY.
- Those without CUNY credentials (e.g., visitors, non-POI RF employees) You should notify the Director of Public Safety, John Scully, with your first and last Name and Email Address. You may reach him at email@example.com.
John Scully will enter your information into the system and the following will occur:
- You will receive an email with the subject line “Member Portal Registration Invitation from CUNY”. Click the registration link inside the email.
- Complete fields for username/password on the Sign Up page. Click Create Your Account to continue.
- Enter your contact information on the My Profile page. Click Save & Continue.
- Select your language preference, guest contact type, and guest campus on the My Information page.
- Review your information and click the Finish button.
Step 5: You will need to enter through 230 West 41st Street as the 40th Street entrance is currently closed. You will also need a face covering/mask to enter the building. Once inside, please check in at the 3rd floor public safety desk.
For additional information on building and campus protocols please check out our reopening plan on this page.
Every employee needs to complete these steps.