Do you — or a reporter you know — have a great idea for an investigative or enterprise story on an important business or economic topic, but few resources to get it done?
If so, the McGraw Center for Business Journalism would like to hear from you.
Applications are now open for the Summer 2018 McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism, an initiative of the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism. The Fellowships, awarded twice a year, provide experienced journalists with the funds and editorial support needed to report in-depth stories on critical issues related to U.S. business, finance and the economy.
The upcoming deadline to apply is June 30, 2018
- Each Fellow receives $5,000 a month for up to three months
- No residency is required; McGraw Fellows work from their own offices
- Open to both freelance and staff journalists with at least five years experience
- Applications in any type of media — print, audio, video, online — will be considered
What kind of stories do we support? Previous McGraw Fellows have explored a wide variety of topics. Here are a few examples:
- What Would Jesus Disrupt? Bloomberg Businessweek
- Towns sell their public water systems — and come to regret it Washington Post
- How Parents Buckle Under the Weight of College Debt U.S. News & World Report
- Two Nations, One Aquifer: A series about water at the border Albuquerque Journal
- Genetic tests for psychiatric drugs spur hopes, doubts Boston Globe
- Who’s behind the Chinese takeover of the world’s biggest pork producer? PBS NewsHour
- Exporting Clothes, Importing Safety Roads & Kingdoms
If you’d like to join them, you’ll find more information, an FAQ, and the application at www.mcgrawcenter.org. If you have questions or have a project you’d like to discuss, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McGraw Center for Business Journalism