The Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at the City University of New York offers a unique summer internship program that not only gives students on-the-job experience but guarantees they will be paid.
- All students in the M.A. in Journalism and M.A. in Social Journalism degree programs participate in an internship during the summer between the second and third semesters.
- Every student is guaranteed a minimum of $3,000 for the summer. If the media employer doesn’t pay, we do. We know of no other school that does that.
- Our students intern at top media organizations and cutting-edge startups — from The New York Times, CNN, and WNYC to VICE, BuzzFeed, and Quartz. Some internships have led to jobs.
- Students intern for a minimum of 280 hours. The three-credit internship is graded pass/fail based on employer evaluations and student reports on their experiences.
- The program is run by the Office of Career Services, which helps students in all phases of identifying and applying for internships.
- If you have any questions about our summer internship program, please contact Michelle Higgins, Director of Career Services, or Yolanda Rodriguez, Associate Director of Career Services.