CCM offers dozens of free workshops and custom trainings designed by J+ for local journalists, as well as targeted fellowships, with a special focus on digital skills and business sustainability.
Learn how to:
- cover the census, local and presidential elections, climate change in your area, and disinformation campaigns targeting communities of color;
- uncover and analyze artificial intelligence systems used by companies and local government agencies and their disproportionate impact on immigrant communities;
- transform your newsroom for the digital age;
- create an audience-centric newsroom;
- find a sustainable business model, and more.
DIGITAL FIRST RESPONDERS: HOW MEDIA OUTLETS SERVING IMMIGRANTS ARE INNOVATING TO SERVE THEIR COMMUNITIES IN A TIME OF CRISIS
Tuesday, June 30 | 3:00 p.m. EST
CCM released a report showcasing 50 immigrant-serving news outlets, featuring 17 in-depth case studies, and identifying four characteristics that the most successful share. As media as a whole struggles with diverse representation, these immigrant outlets publish in more than 30 languages, on more than 25 platforms, in 23 states. The forum will review findings from the report, and feature leaders from outlets whose work is highlighted.