CCM offers dozens of free workshops and custom trainings for local journalists, as well as targeted fellowships, with a special focus on digital skills and business sustainability.
Learn how to:
- cover the census, local and presidential elections, climate change in your area, and disinformation campaigns targeting communities of color;
- uncover and analyze artificial intelligence systems used by companies and local government agencies and their disproportionate impact on immigrant communities;
- transform your newsroom for the digital age;
- create an audience-centric newsroom;
- find a sustainable business model, and more.
Thursday, December 3 | 11:00 a.m. EST
Join instructor Michael Grant, founder of Get Current Studio and a teaching fellow at Google News Labs, for an information session on the following topics and more:
- Assess: Who is it for? How do we add value? Defining your audience.
- Plan: What will we deliver? Determining the right formats.
- Implement: How will it get done? How often? Choosing a sustainable schedule and implementing resources.
- Measure: What are our metrics for success? Defining and tracking KPIs.
SUBSTACK FOR DIVERSE AUDIENCES
Friday, December 4 | 11:00 a.m. EST
Join instructor Dana L. James, publisher of the newly launched Black Iowa News, for an information session on the following topics and more:
- Using Substack to further community journalism
- How to gain followers and subscribers
- Targeting communities of color
- Revenue streams