We offer professional development courses for young and mid-career journalists in social media, digital photography, video storytelling, web advertising, and many other skills. We feature everything from two-hour seminars and multi-evening workshops to weekend boot camps and customized training for individual editorial staffs.
* CUNY J-Camp provides media professionals and interested members of the public high-quality, affordable workshops in digital journalism.
* We have trained several hundred mid-career journalists in core digital journalism skills since launching CUNY J-Camp in June 2010.
* Participants have given us an average score of 5.5 out of 6 (on a 1 to 6 scale) when asked if they would recommend our workshops to a colleague or friend.
* We have assembled an all-star team of instructors who combine professional expertise and industry experience with strong teaching abilities.
* We have embarked on a partnership with New York’s ethnic and community media sector that has resulted in successful training for journalists from a variety of publications, including The Bronx News Network, KoreaDaily, The Pakistani Newspaper, Bangla Batrika, The Message International, Caribbean People, EVT Educational productions, AllBlackRadio.com, Women’s E-news, Gotham Gazette, and the Caribbean American Weekly.
* We create digital media educational programs tailored to individual editorial groups
* We have trained more than 150 editors from Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, Redbook, Good Housekeeping, Seventeen, and Scientific American magazines in multimedia tools, visual storytelling, crowdsourcing, data-assisted reporting, and data visualization.
* We have assembled an all-star team of instructors who combine professional expertise and knowledge of the profound changes in the media world with strong teaching abilities.
* We have a sample curriculum we can use as a jumping-off point for a program to meet your needs.
* For information about customized training for your staff, contact Amy Dunkin, director of academic operations, at 646-758-7826 or firstname.lastname@example.org.